In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd join the masses in celebrating the first time religious wig-nuts broke bread with Native Americans by compiling a list of things I am thankful for. So, here it is:
1. My friends and family
2. Television (for those moments when I feel like ignorning those I am thankful for.)
3. Books. I don't care how many things go digital, there is nothing like the smell of a new book. Or an old book. Note to cologne or scented candle makers: design a fragrance that smells like a book, and I'd buy it for sure.
4. The Internet. Try living without it. I dare you.
5. Theatre. The fact that I can write a play, get it staged, and people will actually come and see it. That one never ceases to amaze me.
6. The conditions in which people now offer me unconditional love seem to be diminishing.
7. Drew Barrymore. Do I really need a reason?
9. Mass Transit. It may suck sometimes, but at least you don't have to gas, oil and lube it.
10. Wine. I may have had some before writing this list.
Leave a Reply.
Mark Jason Williams
I find trouble wherever I go